miércoles, 26 de mayo de 2010

Soriana After Dark

I mostly do my grocery shopping in the morning around 10ish while Enrique is at school and Jose is tucked away at the Corporativo Juridico. However, due to our car situation I had to go last night around 8pm. It was a WHOLE new experience for me. Usually when I am at the store so are all the stockers, you can barely get through the isles. At first I was really annoyed by this but now I am kind of used to it (except on my I hate Mexico days). I still do not understand why they don't stock the store after or before customer hours, but hey, that's Mexico for ya. So, anyhow, Enrique and I are cruising through the spacious isles and getting everything done very quickly. It normally takes me about 1 hour to shop and last night it only took half that time. The customers were completely different too, instead of all the stay at home moms the store was packed with people just getting off work or rushing off to a get together (there were a lot of cakes going into carts). Also, the store seemed cleaner, in fact it looked freshly mopped I was so excited. There is usually dirt everywhere along with miscellaneous puddles of unknown liquids on the floor. When I am finished with my shopping I normally stop and buy a coke for the little old man who watches my car (it is getting up to 100 degrees now and coke is the thirst quenching beverage of choice for most Navojoenses). However, since it was evening I decided a coffee and pastry would be more appropriate so Enrique and I stopped over at Donya (lack of nye on computer ;)) Tota's for those items and a bean and cheese gordita for Enrique's dinner. The car guy was super excited and said he had not eaten yet so that worked out perfectly. So it was an excellent trip to the store and I hope that we can visit Soriana after dark more often ;)

1 comentario:

  1. Misc. puddle of unknown liquid, LOL!!! That's too funny! And Im so glad you had a great experience! And I love the car guy, hahaha, sounds sweet!

    ResponderEliminar