jueves, 20 de mayo de 2010

"So Jose, How is the Ranch?"


So finally I hit the 14 week mark in my pregnancy which is when Jose and I decided that we would publicize our good news here in Navojoa. For those that are not privy we suffered a miscarriage in October 2009 and it was very difficult to deal with all of our extended family members asking why I wasn't showing or my favorite "weren't you pregnant?" I cannot speak for ALL mexicans but the majority of my friends and family here take little issue with asking about very private things in very public places such as parties, the grocery store, church, and restaurants. This may be true for some americans as well but since I went through this particular issue here in Navojoa I have nothing to compare it to. Anyway so yesterday was my last 'nervous' OBGYN visit. Jose and Enrique accompanied me and were going to remain in the waiting room but Doctor Covarrubias told me to tell Jose to come in. "AAWW how sweet," I thought, "he wants Jose to see the ultrasound and to be there to reassure me". Not so, as I am laying (or is it lying) on the table looking at the TV where the baby is going to appear the Dr. begins to ask Jose about the ranch. Ok, wait the baby is not moving, I am starting to freak out and he has not turned on the doppler thing so that I can hear the heartbeat. Meanwhile they are STILL going on about Akiwicichi and San Juan and cows and droughts etc. etc. Finally after looking over and seeing my face Jose asks if the baby is ok. "Oh yeah," says the Dr. "The measurements are perfect and wait here is the heartbeat do you hear that?" "And look when I press down like this he starts to move." WHEW!!! Relief at last!!
So tonight at "cafecito" I will be letting all the girls in on the good news. We are so excited and feel very blessed that up until now everything is going very smoothly. I guess also I should feel fortunate for having a husband that accompanies me to my OBGYN visits and has so much in common with my Doctor ;)

1 comentario:

  1. That is the cutest sweetest thing ever!! My mom is gonna have a heart attack if you dont call her soon! LOL

    ResponderEliminar