martes, 1 de junio de 2010

And she married a mouse and begat mice ;)


I have been hearing Jose make these phone calls inquiring about some cheese that comes from a ranch who knows where and he always hangs up bummed out because they didn't have any today. So last night he made his nightly call and SUCESS!!! He was so excited. We all piled into the car and drove to someones house, not a tiendita and he just walked on into the patio area and knocked on the kitchen door. When he turned around and I saw him I seriously thought he was carrying a cake. It was the biggest cheese I have ever seen in person (Iv'e seen those giant wheels of cheese on the Travel Channel). Now, for those of you who know me you are already aware about my feelings regarding cheese. I can do feta, blue, and mozzarella (on pizza only). That is it!! I hate any other kind. Unbeknownst to me, I married a mouse. Right now there are 5 different kinds of cheeses in our fridge, and all of them were made here in Navojoa. Anyway I got to hold the cheese on the way home but first we stopped off at Jose's Mom's house to drop off half. He only wanted to give her a little piece but I told him that there was not enough room in the fridge for 20 pounds of cheese and his watermelons (another post). So we dropped off half and now the cheese is on a plate in my lap and little did I know it was sweating. When I got out of the car I realized that I was COVERED in cheese juice GROSS!!!! I was not a happy camper.
While I was upstairs cleaning up Jose and Enrique were having cheese for dinner, provecho!!

6 comentarios:

  1. That cheese looks delicious! I'm another mouse, but since moving to Mexico my standards are a lot higher.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love cheese! The cheese section in the grocery store is heaven for me. (the grocery here in the US) I have been more nervous about trying cheeses in MX though. I don't know, raw milk cheese kinda scares me.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. There are few cheeses that I won't eat (as you know) but the one from a small village in Nicaragua that has (special) fly eggs in it and is ripe when the larvae are squirming though out the curd leaves me cold. Although we did eat lightning bug larvae in the Amazon...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I ♥ cheese! I never get bored with it. But my Hubby is just like you, he only likes certain cheeses on certain foods. Very picky! :)

    The cheese you describe sounds like Panela.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Use the spell on it and maybe the cheese will go away: traguna mekoides tracorum satis di.www.funtrivia.com/en/Movies/Bedknobs-and-Broomsticks-13046.html

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh Im for sure a mouse but the cheese juice is so gross even to me. Sorry to hear you got it all over you. Yuck. I miss all the yellow cheese but there are some good white ones around here. And my hubby gets some that is home made that has peppers and stuff in it. yum yum

    ResponderEliminar