martes, 8 de junio de 2010

That's it, there went my last shred of dignity


Wow two posts in one day!!!! Usually this would be a good thing but alas today it is not. As anyone who has given birth knows it is is a very humiliating process. Stuff goes on that no one tells you about beforehand. Here in Mexico (at least in Navojoa) an enema and shaving are added to that stuff (my doctor saved me from the crazy bic happy nurse). Well, I got through all that business and thought to myself hhhmm, you are pretty brave and now there is nothing you can't go through. Ah but I was wrong. In March Enrique and I had a case of Giardia (fun water parasites). Now, Enrique got it first so his diaper got sent off to the lab and then I was just treated for the same thing because I had the same symptoms. Done, easy, take some flagyl and your fine. WELL, this weekend I thought I ate too much watermelon (no details necessary) but it has gone on for days now and my symptoms have been slowly changing. So finally I called my OBGYN to just make sure I can take flagyl (a class B medication during pregnancy) and he ORDERED me to send and stool sample to the lab. That was it, my last shred of dignity fell to the floor. Of course I broke down crying and Jose just spouted off his 'logic' talk, "well that was the most logical thing to do, no?" DUH!!! I know that, I am not dumb, but who wants to send their 'business' to someone in a cup??!!!!?? GROSS! I am so bumbed. But, I decided that I have to be able to laugh a little bit so I decided to post my fun story for all you all to see. ENJOY!

2 comentarios:

  1. This doesn't sound like to much fun. If it makes you feel any better I have had a glass jar sitting on my counter for a week and in the am I get to fill it up with urine and carry it in my purse to the hospital, most likely in a cab or on the bus while totting a 3 yr old and a one year old. Lets hope we don't have any spills. ;) I love the simplicity of the healthcare here but sometimes it does go over what your use to. Good luck with the poopie.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Aawww thanks for your support Amanda. I took some urine (in a nescafe jar) this morning and had some blood drawn. And I thought to ask for a proper sterile container for the OTHER sample ;) I always forget to ask for containers before hand. I have sent samples in gerber jars, olive jars, and nescafe jars. My Mom is a nurse and she wanted to take a picture at the ISSTTE hospital of a bunch of urine samples in a hallway all in nescafe jars. jajaja
    Good luck with your sample adventures!!

    ResponderEliminar