martes, 8 de junio de 2010

New Chanclas (purchased in Navojoa)!!!


This morning after I dropped Jose off at the Corporativo Juridico and Enrique at Bambinos I decided to go to the mercado, something I almost never do because parking is so difficult. However, I decided that since it was 8:45 that I might be able to find a spot, and I did first try, I didn't even have to go around the block!! (Hey, it's the little things in life that keep me going) Anyway, so I wandered into the store that I parked in front of, Importcosas which houses aisle after aisle of neat cheapo stuff from China ;). After a bit I ran into some HUGE bins full of flip flops. Now, just yesterday I tried on a pair of shoes from my closet and found that my feet have either grown a bit or are already swollen (another icky pregnancy side effect). I thought well, I can wear my black flip flops until I get to the other side to buy some new shoes. The only thing is these black flip flops are almost ALWAYS on my feet. I clean up after the dog in them, I mop floors in them, I water plants in them, basically they come off when I go to bed or take a shower (sometimes not even then so that they can get clean too ;)). They are not really suitable to go to the store in etc. So, I am looking at the chanclas at the store wondering what the odds are that they would have a size 27 (10 american). I can buy shoes here but my size is the biggest size that they make so sometimes stores don't even carry them because in general size 27 does not sell well. Well, as I was checking out the sandals I found a fun red pair that said 10!!! The sizes were in US!! That was almost as exciting as finding a parking spot at the mercado. I snatched them up and am currently wearing them (picture to follow when Enrique tells me where he put my camera).
Have a great day everybody!!

2 comentarios:

  1. From one size 10 foot to another, grab them up when you see them! The opportunities are few and far between. ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Jajaja, thanks Leah, I feel the size ten love ;)
    PS I wish I had known about bag pipe music when I lived in our other house, that would have come in handy.

    ResponderEliminar