domingo, 20 de junio de 2010

Almost on the other side!!!


I am sooooo excited!!! Enrique and I are going to California in just a few days. I haven't been since January and that is a long time for me. I haven't even been to Obregon or Hermosillo which I had not realized until my Mom pointed that out to me last night. That means no Wal Mart trips, no Home Depot, no Carl's Jr., and no Sam's. HHHHMMMMM and somehow I managed to survive. I will probably never stop missing Vons, Target, the occasional overpriced coffee drink, Michael's, Baskin Robbins, Taco Surf, or Old Navy but it is good to know that I can live without them for a time. The fun thing is that when I do get to go visit my parents it is sooooooo exciting to visit those places and when I lived in the US it was just everyday stuff. I also get to sit on the couch with my Mom and Dad and watch the Today show, Jeopardy, all the dancing shows, etc. and that is really fun for me, it is time to just relax and catch up with my parents. It is time that I treasure when I am here missing them. AAANNNDDD another good thing about going to the other side is coming home. Jose and I always benefit from a little time apart, when we are reunited it is exciting and fresh. I am not saying it would be good for every couple but for us it works and I am thankful that it does.
Lakewood here I come!!!

3 comentarios:

  1. Awww...I wished I could have stayed! =(
    Sister...You should consider coming here for a visit! I dont know how much or for how long you can travel being pregnant, but you could always wait until the baby gets here so I could squeeze and kiss and hug both of them! Seriously, Nikki, our door is always open! Love you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yeah for getting to visit. It sounds like you will really cherish your time. Have fun.
    Oh and I find it funny that I miss taco bell and Dell taco. lol

    ResponderEliminar